This is your chance to win a first edition, signed copy of ‘Around The Races In Eighty Days’, the blockbuster that has taken a very small part of the literary world by storm! To enter, simply answer the ten questions that follow, along with the tie-breaker, and email your entry to email@example.com. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Monday 7 December 2015. Full terms and conditions are below.
1) Which horse provided the largest winning bet of my entire tour?
2) What was the name of the BBC Radio presenter who interviewed me about my quest?
3) At which course did I first see Tracksuit Dave?
4) What was the brand name of the marvelous drink I discovered on the first day of my ‘Scottish Swing’?
5) In which club did I watch Bloom perform?
6) During the tour I bought a scarf in the colours of which horse?
7) At which course did I first encounter my nemesis Black Narcissus?
8) Which chap did I bump into who was Walking The Courses for two very worthy causes?
9) Which course attempted the ambitious culinary feat of going ‘Around The World In A Jacket Potato’ (without much success, it must be said)?
10) The final overnight stay of my odyssey was at a castle built in the reign of which monarch?
Tie breaker:- What was the total amount bet throughout the eighty days?
Terms and Conditions
1. The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only, excluding the Isle of Man and Channel Islands, who are aged 18 years or over, except the family of, and anyone else professionally connected with Neil Andrew (Around The Races In Eighty Days) (“the Promoter”) and this Competition.
2. Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries may cause you to be disqualified.
3. No purchase necessary for entry into the Competition. Entries received after the closing date of 5pm on 7 December 2015 (“Closing Date”) will not be accepted. The winner will be announced by the Promoter on his blog within 7 days of the Closing Date. The Promoter will ask the winner to provide an address and will send the prize to the winner within 14 days of the winner supplying an address.
4. The prize consists of one hardback copy of the Neil Andrew book entitled “Around The Races In Eighty Days”. To qualify for entry into the Competition, entrants must email the Author at firstname.lastname@example.org by the Closing Date with answers to the questions (including the tie-breaker) set out in the blog dated 2 December 2015. The person with the most correct answers will win the book. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person closest to the tie break answer. Any separate information provided by the Promoter as to how to enter the Competition is an integral part to these terms and conditions.
5. The Promoter’s decision on all matters regarding this Competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Promoter retains sole discretion to withhold prizes without liability if in its view a winner is ineligible, the entry is invalid or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
7. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever in connection with the Competition and the prize, and in particular does not accept responsibility for entries invalidated by technical problems beyond the control of the Promoter or problems with accessing the website.
8. All internet connection charges and any other expenses which may be incurred due to entering or winning the Competition are the sole responsibility of the participant.
9. Details of entrants and the winner shall be retained by the Promoter solely for the purpose of the promotion. Participants may withdraw their consent to the retention of such data at any time by providing notice of such withdrawal to the Promoter. However, Participants who withdraw their consent in this manner will be excluded from the Competition.
10. The Competition, and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. By participating in the Competition, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.